Wednesday, December 5, 2012

To Buy Early, Or Not To Buy Early?

This has been on my mind lately. With all of these Elite blasters surfacing, and with the Stryfe on shelves of California, Minnesota, and Nebraska, as well as a couple on eBay, just to name a few, I wanted to post this now. This is mainly aimed at eBay, but should you buy un-released blasters for more than they will cost, but just be able to have it before other people?

Over the past few years, It seems like it's gotten easier to find leaks on the latest Nerf products. European websites, along with the famous TaoBao site, are some of the leading websites to go to when you want to find a leaked product. And of course, there's always eBay. Now don't get me wrong. EBay is a good site if you want to find blasters for cheap prices. However, eBay users are commonly known to jack up the prices sometimes, as some people might not know the real value of a blaster. I personally don't see how to justify paying 2 or even 3 times as much for a blaster that you might not like, or could get in just a couple of months. The Strongarm went for $1,000 USD when it first hit eBay! Not even a year later, you could get it for $15-20. That's just stupid to me. The only blaster I would see coming close to that mark would be the Crossbow. And even then, it's a toy that's not worth that much. Now, I will admit that I paid a good amount for a NIB Crossbow, but that was special. It was NIB, and it was rare. However, if it would be an unreleased Dart Tag blaster, I might spend a little more than usual because if you know me, you know I love Dart Tag.

In summary, I don't see why you would spend 2 or 3 times as much for a blaster that you will be able to get in the store in a couple of months, unless you are like me and are "impartial" to one sub-brand of dart blasters, or you just want to say that you got one of the first ones to hit the (Black) market. ;) But, it's your money.

So, what do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment